Tuesday, April 22, 2014

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

To All the Boys I've Loved Before


Since this is my blog I figured I would start with a top 10 list. I love top 10 lists and believe they are a great way to figure out whether or not someone sucks and if you ever ever want to spend more time getting to know them. Top 10s have the ability to sum up a person pretty succinctly. I also do this to give everyone an easy way out if they decide never to click on my blog again....all you have to say is "Man, Tammy has terrible taste in men".....and no one will question you, ever. Promise. So here goes. 

my Top 10 Crushes Growing Up

Counting down from sweet sweet number 10.....

10. Lou Diamond Phillips. Young Guns was pretty much life changing for me as a kid. Hot cowboy runaway outlaws sticking it to the man and breaking all the rules. Not one of them could hold a candle to bitter knife throwing Chaves in my 9 year old heart. The first cut (crush) is the deepest. And in case you need some theme music I have provided Blaze of Glory by Jon Bon Jovi click----> (so hot)....


9. Atreyu. Yes I know Areyu didn't actually exist and I really don't give a crap.....I also don't care what the actors name is...he is Atreyu from Never Ending Story, and man did I cry when his horse Artax died. If I was his horse I would have lived.


8. Donnie Wahlberg....well....every girl I knew from the late 80's and very early 90's had a crush on at least one member of New Kids on the Block for a time. Mine was bad boy Donnie Wahlberg...so so tough...Note the clover on his jacket. My youngest daughter has the name Clover...coincidence? Well yes, but now I fell like he and I maybe really did have a genuine connection!


7. Kirk Cameron....cool sweet older brother of everyones favorite family sitcom Growing Pains. Man he was pretty much perfection in the form a a cheesy pastel wearing teenage boy. This picture below was actually poster sized and hanging on the back of my bedroom door in 4th grade. I bought it at the ST.Therese book fair for 99 cents. He was eventually usurped in my heart by another hottie of Titanic boy beauty, playing a homeless kid on Cameron's own domain...sorry. The heart is a fickle thing.  



6. Leonardo DiCaprio. Can you blame me? Look at that face! And he was all alone on the show! I don't feel like I need to explain this one at all.



5. Bill Murray. Ghost Busters Bill Murray started it all for me and Bill. Why was he so awesome? As a young girl I could never place it...he was gross, weird, rude, foul, obnoxious....and AWESOME! I wonder what happened to him?




4. Anthony Kiedis. Front man to the Red Hot CHili Peppers.....Man I LOVED that band! Still do actually, but Blood Sugar Sex Magik with it's not for kids explicit sticker....that album didn't hold a candle in my mind to seeing Anthony running without a shirt on in the video for Under the Bridge. He should never, ever have to feel like his only friend.(you should click at 4:27)---> no shirt here


3. Christian Slater in the movie Heathers.....he was crazy! And hot....even his voice was hot. So hot in fact that he did the voice over for Pips (awesome bug riding fairy) in Fern Gully.I was young enough to still watch cartoons when he came into my life.


2. Johnny Depp...this is a post 21 Jump Street pre Willie Wonka childhood crush...Oh pensive Gilbert Grape/Don Juan Demarco, lover of women combo with a pinch of Sam from Benny and Joon. This crush was bad, my friends. Very very bad. He also had his own theme song--->"Every woman is a mystery to be solved."-Don Juan Demarco



1. Kurt Cobain. And of coarse he was my number one childhood crush! Why wouldn't he be! Look at him! The unwashed hair, the grunge era clothes, the constant cigarette companion! I still can listen to the entire Bleach album during a good drive. The voice of an angel.


So there you have it. My Top 10 childhood crushes. Feel free to hang out and remember what it was like to be crushed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment